Florida Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
The Florida Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program is a breast and cervical cancer screening program that provides reduced-cost or free mammograms, clinical breast exams and Pap smears to low-income, uninsured women between the ages of 50 and 64.
Services Provided Through FBCCEDP:
- Breast and cervical cancer screening exams (clinical breast exams, mammograms, and Pap tests) to approximately 5 percent of the at need population as funding allows.
- Diagnostic funds are reserved for women screened through the program.
- Care coordination to all clients with abnormal exams.
- Women screened through the program and diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer are referred to the Florida Medicaid Program for eligibility determination.
- Paid breast and cervical cancer treatment through Medicaid for eligible women screened through the program.