DOH Jefferson COVID-19 Vaccination Information
December 28, 2020
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
The Department of Health-Jefferson offers COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
The Executive Order 21-79 directs us to vaccinate all Floridians who are eligible as determined by the Food and Drug Administration effective April 5, 2021. Eligibility currently includes all residents ages 16 and older. It should be noted that only the Pfizer vaccine is approved to be used with ages 16-17. DOH-Jefferson does not have a supply of the Pfizer vaccine. DOH-Jefferson will focus on ages 18 and older, using Moderna and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccines.
Florida residents ages 18 and older can obtain an appointment by completing any of the processes listed below:
- Email the completed and signed Vaccine Screening and Consent Form to our email box JeffersonCHD@flhealth.gov.
- Deliver the completed form to DOH-Jefferson at 1255 West Washington Street, Monticello, Florida, 32344.
- Call (850) 342-0170 and select 1 to schedule your appointment
- Register with ShareCare at myvaccine.fl.gov or call (866) 201-6808.
Once received, you will be contacted to schedule your vaccine administration appointment. Scheduling staff will make you aware of our vaccine inventory if you are requesting a specific brand of vaccine.
DOH Jefferson coordinated with local private health care providers to administer the vaccine to their front-line health care workers. Beginning in January 2021, DOH-Jefferson has held vaccination events at the health department. We are now vaccinating four days each week at our clinic. As of April 11, 2021, 6,941 doses have been administered with 2,987 completing the series. Sixty-three percent of those 65 and older and 51% of those 50 and older have been vaccinated in Jefferson County.
For additional information about the COVID-19 vaccine, please read the Moderna EUA Recipients What to Expect Card, Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) EUA Recipients What to Expect Card, Why Get Vaccinated and visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/covid-19-vaccines-in-florida/ or https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/index.html.
- Vaccine Screening and Consent Form (PDF, 111kB)
- Vaccine Screening and Consent Form (Spanish) (PDF, 128kB)
- Moderna EUA Recipients What to Expect Card (PDF, 250kB)
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) EUA Recipients What to Expect Card (PDF, 239kB)
- Why Get Vaccinated (PDF, 405kB)
- COVID-19 Determination of Extreme Vulnerability (PDF, 90kB)