DOH Jefferson COVID-19 Vaccination Information
December 28, 2020
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
The Department of Health-Jefferson offers COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
The Executive Order 21-62 directs us to focus on the following populations:
- Long-term care facility residents and staff;
- Persons 50 years of age and older;
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact;
- K-12 school and daycare; and
- Persons determined by a physician to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19
(Must submit a determination form signed by physician)
Florida residents who fall into any of the above listed categories can obtain an appointment by completing any of the processes listed below:
- Email the completed and signed Vaccine Screening and Consent Form to our email box JeffersonCHD@flhealth.gov.
- Deliver the completed form to DOH-Jefferson at 1255 West Washington Street, Monticello, Florida, 32344.
- Call (850) 342-0170 and select 1 to schedule your appointment
- Register with ShareCare at myvaccine.fl.gov or call (866) 201-6808.
Once received, you will be contacted to schedule your vaccine administration appointment.
DOH Jefferson coordinated with local private health care providers to administer the vaccine to their front-line health care workers. Beginning in January 2021, DOH-Jefferson has held vaccination events at the health department. As of March 8, 2021, 4,685 doses have been administered with 2,040 completing the series and more than 56% of those 65 and older have been vaccinated in Jefferson County.
As additional vaccine is made available, the vaccines will be provided to additional groups in a coordinated, orderly and efficient manner to help slow or stop the spread of COVID-19 within the community. DOH-Jefferson does not have information on when additional groups will be eligible as we await the governor’s orders.
For additional information about the COVID-19 vaccine, please read the Moderna EUA Recipients What to Expect Card, Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) EUA Recipients What to Expect Card, Why Get Vaccinated and visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/covid-19-vaccines-in-florida/ or https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/index.html.
- Vaccine Screening and Consent Form (PDF, 111kB)
- Vaccine Screening and Consent Form (Spanish) (PDF, 128kB)
- Moderna EUA Recipients What to Expect Card (PDF, 612kB)
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) EUA Recipients What to Expect Card (PDF, 120kB)
- Why Get Vaccinated (PDF, 405kB)
- COVID-19 Determination of Extreme Vulnerability (PDF, 90kB)